Gu Energy Gels

Earlier this month, Gu Energy Labs released their newest flavor gel.

Salted Caramel.

I have searched at some local running stores, but have not found this flavor yet! It sounds so delicious and I've heard that the electrolytes (AKA: salt) work perfectly with this flavor too. 
(Although, I've never thought that the flavors of my gels tasted overly salty) 

Last weekend, on our long run, my race partner said to me she doesn't know how people can eat the dessert-type flavors of gels (Vanilla, Chocolate, Espresso, etc.) and that she sticks to the fruit flavors because she thinks the other would taste nasty. I laughed because I've only ever had the super sweet ones, and I love them! However, I did recently buy some of the fruit flavors, but have yet to try them. 
I am going to test out the Jet Blackberry today on my run!

I love salted caramel, and need to get my hands on these. I guess I'll have to order a box!

What do you think about this new flavor?

<3

UPDATE: After posting this earlier today, I was especially excited to go for my run today. I mean, I put it out on the internet that I was going to run today, so I had to, right? It was raining all day though so I had to take my run indoors. (I don't mind the treadmill that much anymore, I used to HATE it) So, I grabbed the Jet Blackberry gel and some Mixed Berry Shot Bloks and headed to the gym! I was having a great run and ran a mile straight without stopping and finished it in 10 minutes, 17 seconds! I am proud of this because I used to have a problem with sprinting until I literally couldn't breathe and then walking until I could, which was like a 1:3 run to walk ratio- not good. 
Anyways, at mile 3 I happily went for the Gu! This might sound lame, but I was excited to try the new flavor, especially blackberry because I LOVE blackberries!

Umm.. Yuck.

Okay, it wasn't so bad, but it wasn't what I was expecting. At all. I understand that salty electrolyte taste people talk about now. It doesn't really mix well with fruit. And it kind of made the gel taste chocolatey, but somehow not in a good way. It was like berry flavored chocolate, as opposed to chocolate covered berries, if you catch my drift.

So, I think I will stick to my candy bar gels in the future!
By the way, I ordered the Salted Caramel 8 pack! Can't wait to try it out!

Here's the picture I posted after my run on Instagram!

Follow me! @sweetaspierce


Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9

Post Signature

Post Signature