Care Package #1

My boyfriend, Jesse also likes to be healthy and sadly, the food that the soldiers are given while deployed isn't exactly clean. So, for his first care package, I decided to send him some healthy goods along with other essentials!

I noticed a few months ago, when I was looking up items to send in care packages, that some women decorate the inside of the care packages! Obviously this appealed to me! An excuse to craft? Yes, please! If I can have it, I'll take it! One blog in particular that had packages that really appealed to me was Army Wife Housewife. I found her blog from Instagram! Her boxes look nice and clean and you can tell that the effort is 100%. I reached out to her to ask for some advice and she responded sweetly! She actually made it a blog post (here). I found this advice really helpful.

For Jesse's package, I decided the first one should be a Survival Kit.




It only took two sheets of scrapbook paper, cut in half, for the background, and 3 sheets for the letters. I printed the letters onto the paper using WordArt on Microsoft word, outline only, and cut them out. My hands were. so. sore. BUT, the pain was worth it! I also bought a little envelope and filled it with a kiss! Jesse received his package today (It took 10 days) and he loved it so much, he cut the flaps of the box off and hung them on the wall next to his bed. :)

Here is the box with all of the items I sent:



What I included:
  • 2 lb. bag of Raw Almonds
  • Wasabi Peas
  • Oatmeal Raisin Clif Bars
  • Dried Apricots
  • Dried Blueberries
  • Turkey Jerky
  • An EnduraCool Towel
  • No Rinse Shampoo
  • No Rinse Body Wash
  • 3 packs of Baby Wipes
  • Devotional (I bought myself the same one and we are doing it together)
  • Russian Rosetta Stone (Jesse has an adopted brother who is Russian and has been teaching himself the language)



The box all filled up!

He was so excited! He kept thanking me over and over! Which in turn, made me feel fantastic!


<3

What are some of your favorite care package themes?


Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9

Post Signature

Post Signature