Oatmeal Raisin Cookies, Anyone?

Tonight I made Gluten Free Oatmeal Raisin Cookies, recipe courtesy of Ms. Martha Stewart!






I made the cookies a few weeks ago, for Jesse's next care package, but got caught up and didn't finish putting it together. And I can't send him stale cookies! Gross! So, I re-made them and tweaked the recipe a little! (So my directions vary a little from Martha's.) I didn't add the chocolate chips because chocolate doesn't do well being shipped overseas.


Ingredients (minus eggs and cinnamon)



Ingredients:

  • 4.5  cups old fashioned oats
  • 2 tbsp. cornstarch
  • 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
  • 1 tsp. gluten-free baking powder
  • .5 tsp. ground salt
  • 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
  • .74 cup granulated sugar
  • .5 cup Splenda brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1.5 cup raisins (Jesse and I like raisins!!)


Directions:



1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a blender, process 3 cups oats into a fine meal. Whisk together ground oats, cornstarch, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt.






2. In a large bowl, using a mixer, beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. With mixer on low, gradually add oat mixture, beating until combined. Fold in , raisins, and remaining 1.5 cups oats.



3. In batches, drop dough in 2-tablespoonful mounds onto a parchment-lined baking sheet, 2 inches apart. Bake until cookies are golden brown at edges, 15 to 18 minutes. Let cool on sheet on a wire rack 2 minutes, then transfer to rack and let cool completely.

These cookies are so yummy! I can't control myself but eat the batter.. (Shh! That's a secret!) I'll be sending these cookies in Pringles cans with a piece of bread, (the bread absorbs the moisture) and the cookies that are too big will be in vacuum sealed Ziploc bags.




Oatmeal Raisin is one of my favorite cookies, close second to Oatmeal Cranberry with White Chocolate Chips! And luckily, they're both easy to make gluten-free! What is your favorite cookie? Comment with your answers! 


<3


I'd also like to apologize, my pictures aren't that great, but I promise to work on it!

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9

Post Signature

Post Signature