Big/Little Reveal as a BIG!



Hey, everyone!
I know I've been MIA lately- I never find the time to blog during school.. (something I need to work on)

A few months ago, was my big/little week as a Big, and I took twins!! I loved the new pledge class so much, I felt like one wasn't enough. :)
I was literally running around like a chicken with my head cut off, trying to get everything perfect for my spreads. Painting, gluing, (so. many. gemstones.) and shopping. It seemed like it would never end. I literally stayed up until 3 am one morning, working on canvases, then I woke up early in the morning to finish (and blow dry to dry) the morning I needed to set it out.

Here are pictures from the week!

Day one: Treats Day
On treats day, we were supposed to give sweet treats, like their favorite candy or baked goods. I decided to go with "treats" and make it "treat yourself."
Hannah's spread
Kaylyn's Spread
What I included:
  • Pi Beta Phi canvas
  • Other canvas 
  • Gemstone Picture Frame
  • First initial with Lilly Pulitzer print painted
  • Cozy slipper socks
  • Glitter covered mason jar, filled with chocolates
  • Coffee Mug (one said, "You complete me" the other, "I love you a latte" -HOW CUTE?!)
  • Two-set of OPI polishes
  • Earrings (Hannah- starfish, Kaylyn- infinity signs)
  • Buckets filled with bath salts, fizz discs, face mask and bubble bath gel
  • Lucy & Leo's Cupcakes
Here are some pictures of the individual items:








Day two: FSU Day
I chose to make this a game day themed day! I made "game day survival kits" for my Littles, that could also be used for going out.




What I included:
  • Arrow/Spear canvases for Pi Phi & FSU
  • FSU canvases
  • Garnet & gold polka dotted picture frames
  • Bags that were filled with hand sanitizer, food coupon books, hair ties and deodorant 
  • Lilly Pulitzer croakies with their names on them
  • Lilly Pulitzer coozies with their monograms
  • Flasks I painted in Lilly Pulitzer prints, with their monograms
  • Two Pi Phi game day pins each



I'm thinking of starting an Etsy shop selling these! Let me know if you would be interested!



Day three: Pi Phi Day
This day is pretty self explanatory, and I didn't really have a different interpretation of it







What I included:
  • "Whatsoever things are lovely" canvases (I accidentally spelled "whatsoever" wrong on Hannah's and didn't realize it until after she already had it- I was mortified.)
  • Water jugs I rhinestoned and put monograms on
  • Pi Phi tumblers
  • "Through bonds of wine and blue" wine glasses
  • "Fate made us sisters, Love's made you my little" picture frames
  • Pi Phi makeup bags
  • Arrow Jewelry stands
  • Two Pi Phi shirts each
  • Pens and pencils and clips with arrows on them- all from Target's Dollar Spot
  • Socks and "Little" tanks for the reveal!!



Reveal
For our reveal, the Bigs stood behind cloths, covering our face so only our socks showed. The Littles had to match their socks with ours, and then we dropped the cloths!

The Bigs

UNITED! Group hug!
Fam jam
Hannah is on the left, and Kaylyn on the right!

It has been such a blessing to be able to guide these wonderful girls! My heart is so big for them and I am absolutely obsessed with them! They are so sweet and I am so grateful that I am able to call them my own Littles. I love them so much!!!
In the next week, I will be posting about Big Appreciation week!
2 comments on "Big/Little Reveal as a BIG!"
  1. Pierce I was so happy to find this post and absolutely LOVE all the painting that you did. It all turned out fabulous. I'm in Alpha Chi at USC and enjoyed reading about your traditions and what you do differently than us. I am off to check out the rest of your posts now ;) I can definitely relate to juggling blogging and school, it's a challenge to stay consistent! Thanks for sharing!
    <3 Sierra
    www.simply-sierra.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post is absolutely perfect! I love everything you crafted for your new twins!

    xo Zainab
    auraete.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9

Post Signature

Post Signature