OOTD: Recruitment Day 5

Follow me on Instagram: @sweetaspierce!
Yesterday was Service Round!
It was so great seeing all of the philanthropies of the sororities I was asked back to (and the houses!)!
I'm so excited for today: Pref!!
Will post about it later (since it hasn't begun yet).

Yesterday I had a wardrobe malfunction though. :(
Not only did my curls fall AND frizz immediately upon stepping outside, my dress was trying to kill me.
Literally. I couldn't breathe.

I just had it altered because we found it on super sale over a year ago! A $400 Lilly dress for $35 and it was brand new! But, it was a size 12.
So we had it altered so I could wear it. There's a layer of metal boning inside, and it also had to be altered. However, the woman who altered it made the boning too tight. The dress fit perfectly, but the boning was literally inhibiting my breathing, causing me to get light headed and feel like I was going to pass out at half of the houses I went to.
It was a nightmare.
Did I piss off the fashion gods?

I had a break before my last house and asked someone to unzip me. Immediately upon unzipping my dress, I fell over my knees (don't worry, I was sitting) and started bawling my eyes out uncontrollably because I could finally take a full breath. THEN, I had to zip it back up and the breathing immediately seized up and I started crying again. I called my mom, a complete wreck and was so embarrassed because I'm pretty sure people thought I was being a typical PNM and crying over not getting asked back to houses. My mom told me to take my bra off, and I did, but it only helped a little bit. After my last house, I just left my dress only half zipped and getting home and changing has never felt so good. I am so glad that it's over.

I am so excited about some of the houses though and cannot wait until today! And, I know my dress is not going to strangle me!

<3
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9

Post Signature

Post Signature