Getting Motivated For The Gym


Sometimes you just cannot rely on yourself for motivation to get in the gym!
We all have those days.

So I have created a list of a few things to get it together and into the gym!

1. Kick-Ass Strong Women Commercials

Check out this article at Fitness Magazine!

Watching other women, pushing themselves and excelling is so inspirational and makes me want to get up and prove that I am a strong woman too! There was an Under Armour ad, (that is, magically, nowhere to be found on the internet) that showed women working out and kicking ass, and every single time it came on TV, I wanted to go to the gym (and buy Under Armour)!

2. This Video


Did you watch it? Enough said.

3. Decent Gym Clothes

I'll be honest, half the time I'm at the gym, I look like a slob. But when I wear my little Nike Pro shorts and a tank, I feel better about myself and my performance is better! I don't want it to sound like I care about how other people think I like, because it's really that I care about how I look. DON'T put on makeup just to go to the gym, but if you need a pick-me-up, don't wear the oversized shirt that makes you extremely hot and uncomfortable. (Maybe it's just me, but I can't work out in sleeves)

4. Transformation Stories

Read some transformation stories! Search Instagram hashtags for transformations and find them there! Some of the most inspirational stories to me are from Brooke Erickson, Muffin-Topless and @myweightlossfr!

5. Playlist

This is potentially the most important on this list! As long as you've made it to the gym, you are good; but an awesome performance makes you gold! My favorite songs at the gym are:
  1. Till I Collapse- Eminem (Literally gives me chills when I think about the words)
  2. Lose Yourself- Eminem
  3. Here Comes The Boom- Nelly
  4. Numb- Linkin Park
  5. Cinema- Skrillex
  6. Run The World (Girls)- Beyonce (Because I'm a girl, and I run this. Duh!)
  7. Handlebars- Flobots
  8. Motivation- Kelly Rowland ft. Lil Wayne
  9. Dance (A$$)- Big Sean
  10. Down On Me- Jeremih ft. 50 Cent

<3

(P.S. If you still need help, check out http://reasonstobefit.tumblr.com/!)
2 comments on "Getting Motivated For The Gym"
  1. Hah! I totally need to be more motivated to get to the gym, these are great tips! I also take green tea extract pills, they give the burst of energy (and help me stay up all night on projects...) I need to go workout!

    Just found your blog, it's super cute :) Definitely will be following along!

    daughterofasonofasailor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I checked out your blog, loved it and followed! :)

      <3

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9

Post Signature

Post Signature