Painting My Worries Away

I'm a creative person and I feel like I've put my creativity to the back for the past year. I haven't really made much because I was so busy with my first year of college. This really saddens me, because it is a big part of me and brings me so much joy. When I found out Jesse was deploying, I got so excited about making care packages, and honestly, it is soothing for me to put my efforts into something that, almost instantly, I see results. In the past few weeks, I've been painting. Painting for me, painting for my mom, but ultimately, painting to soothe my soul.

A few weeks ago, my best friend, Abby, (who writes this blog with her boyfriend about going to school in Boston!) came home from Boston and we got to spend some time together. We spent the whole night baking (macarons!) and painting because we're both Pinterest addicts. We even have a shared pin board of all of the ideas of things to make together. I decided I wanted to make a statement piece to hang above m bed. My room is "Florida themed" with pineapple and palm tree accents, but the colors are mainly white, pink, and gold. But, I wanted this painting to really be bold and stand out against the palette.

Here are some pictures of my painting, in the process and finished product:

Follow me on Instagram: @sweetaspierce!

(I like to drink coffee while I paint!)
Finished product:




When I was little, my mom used to have me paint pots for her. We used to have a little herb garden! Well, she's been gardening lately and asked me to paint a pot for her before I left for school again. I'm clearly loving bold colors with turquoise..

Different pictures taken throughout the process:






I also just finished painting a picture frame for my Rho Gamma! I am really so thankful for her being with me throughout my recruitment process and for her helping me find my new home! She is a Lilly lover like me, loves cats and told me she loves any of the pink/orange/yellow prints! I found this one and thought it was perfect! I sealed it with glitter Mod Podge, because everything is better with sparkles!

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9

Post Signature

Post Signature